Career Opportunities through the PAA-West
Career opportunities have been listed below. Whether you are a company or a employee looking for the perfect fit, we bring those opportunities your way. Simply contact Amy Pontius at 412.288.9780 or send an email with the exact description of what you want to see on this page.
Current Open Positions:
ZAREMBA MANAGEMENT COMPANY
Reports to:Maintenance Supervisor/Director
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for providing maintenance and service support to the overall operations of a large, high-quality apartment community. This is a 40 hour per week position with a required on-call schedule that rotates between team members.
Essential Job Functions
1. Responsible for the completion of maintenance service requests in a timely and efficient manner
2. Performs minor to moderate-level plumbing repairs, including issues to sinks, faucets, and toilets
3. Repairs and replaces any company-owned appliances such as refrigerators, stoves, washers, and dryers
4. Examines and diagnoses minor HVAC issues, performing HVAC maintenance or repairs as required
5. Performs electrical work, including the repair and replacement of light fixtures, switches, and outlets
6. Prepares recently vacated units for future move-ins
7. Maintains heating ventilation and air conditioning systems through the repair and replacement of fan motors, burners and thermostats
8. Facilitates snow and ice removal from walkways and doorways
9. Performs painting and light carpentry duties as assigned
10. Facilitates basic maintenance and upkeep of the community pool and pool furniture
11. Assumes additional responsibilities and performs special projects as required
Education, Training and or/ Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) with relevant maintenance experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Personal Characteristics
1. Knowledgeable and skilled in the safe use of general maintenance equipment and tools (hand tools, power tools, user-moved aids, measuring devices)
2. Demonstrated ability to diagnose and repair light electrical, carpentry, and plumbing issues
3. Ability to communicate with staff members, tenants, and vendors
4. Displays a positive, friendly and professional attitude with a strong focus on customer service
5. Ability to work individually and as a part of a cohesive team
6. Ability and willingness to live on-site (a 2-bedroom unit is provided free of charge)
The nature of work requires an ability to communicate and exchange information, prepare work documents, operate standard business office equipment, and operate general maintenance equipment and tools. Requires the ability to be on one’s feet for extended periods of time, as well as an ability to lift and move materials or equipment up to 50 pounds.
Work is performed in a general office environment and apartment community. Individuals will be frequently exposed to outside weather conditions, including wet, warm and cold environments.